Tip on how to get more traffic to your site using slideshare.
1. Choose a username that represents your business or your objectives well. Your company name should be used to build your brand, however if you are not building a brand name then a more search engine friendly name may be more appropriate.
Your decision will be based on your company objectives – keyword rich names will be better for quick rankings while company names or brand names are better for slower, longer term growth.
2. Fully complete your profile. Ensure you have a branded image and your description contains relevant information and keywords -include your website URL.
3. Include your business name, web address and contact details within the first few slides – many people will not watch the entire presentation. So you want to show your contact information sooner than later.
4. Also ensure your business name, web address and contact details are on the final slide.
5. Try to keep your presentations short – this will give the viewer watching a better chance they might end up at your website. So keep your slides between 7 to 15 slides.
6. Ensure your presentations are highly visual with minimal plain text. You need to keep your viewers attention – rows & rows of text will not do it!!! You want some color and some cool looking graphics.
7. Include a “call to action” at the end – encourage viewers to visit your website or phone you. Entice them with a free download – a report, ebook or whitepaper.
8. Leave a good amount of space around your presentation – remember Slideshare will add navigation areas to left and right. Make sure important information is not too close to the edge!
9. If you find yourself using Slideshare a lot it may be worth looking at a “pro” account. They start at $19 per month and will allow you “30 leads per month” with a built in “lead capture” form. Details are found on the pro account section.
10. Add the presentations to your other social networks such as Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin
11. Ensure your Title is captivating and contains relevant keywords (Very Important)
12. Utilize tags for relevant keywords and key-phrases (separate with a comma)
13. The description should be compelling and contain relevant keywords. You can also add your website address (unfortunately this will not be clickable) and your full business address and telephone number (ideally exactly as Google have it in your Google Places account).
14. Embed your presentation on your blog & newsletter.
15. If you use Linkedin connect using the Linkedin Slideshare app.
16. Think about uploading a pdf version of your presentation rather than the raw presentation – export from Powerpoint or Keynote as a pdf. This will ensure it is easy for people to download and will display properly on Slideshare
17. Submit your pdf to document sharing sites such as scribd.com or docshare.com
18. If embedding on your website click on “customize” (its a small link which appears when you click on “Embed”) and choose “Without related content” (unless you are happy to display related content – possibly competitors – alongside your presentation!).
19. Remember Slideshare default presentation is displayed at only 425px wide (small!). This is another reason to keep slides big, bold and with large text.
20. Those who are good with Powerpoint / Keynote should embed clickable links within the presentation and export as pdf. Before uploading to Slideshare check the links work – if they work on your pdf they should most likely work on Slideshare!
21. Make your links trackable using your service of choice (a url shortening service should do the trick!)
22. Keep an eye out for comments and respond! respond! respond!
23. Follow other users (there are some really clever people out there freely sharing information) and set your notifications to update you when a new presentation is added!
24. Turn your presentation into a youtube video & gain more exposure
25. To maximize exposure carry out keyword research first and ensure the title of all submissions (eg to Slideshare, Youtube, Scribd etc) utilize the best phrases.
Need More Internet Traffic than give us a call today at 919-728-0564